RE: Re: WinCache 1.3.5 release on SourceForge

From: Pierre Joye [mailto:pierre.php@xxxxxxxxx]

> Right now the last release is totally unusable. For various
> reasons, some fixable and other will be hardly fixable without
> changes in the engine[.]

Uh, this is news to me.  We did our full release testing with WinCache + Zend Opcache enabled (NTS x86) and no failures were reported.  If there are things we should be telling our customers, now is the time to let us know...

> It would be nice if it is possible to have an alternative at
> least for a year or two.

We are marking the opcode cache portion of WinCache as "deprecated" in 1.3.5; This is the first step towards removal of the code.  We would like to get the (WinCache + Zend Opcache) configuration "baked" for one full PHP release cycle.  So the soonest we would consider removing the WinCache opcode cache would be at the PHP 5.6 release time.

> Also [W]indows as a whole is not a priority for Zend, for quite
> some time. So ideally we should take care of this to ensure
> outstanding or at least sync performance and stability.

Hm.  Going off the number of installs of PHP via the Web Platform Installer (WPI), I would *hope* that Zend would consider Windows customers in their plans.  ^_^

    --E.
--
# Standard disclaimer applies.