RE: Re: WinCache 1.3.5 release on SourceForge

On Aug 22, 2013 8:07 PM, "Eric Stenson" <ericsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
supported (by Zend) and will track all opcode/Zend compiler changes for
future releases.  We believe the owners of Opcache will provide the highest
level of opcode caching performance, due to their proximity to the Zend
core developers (<grin>).  Further, we're trusting them to provide a highly
performant opcode cache on Windows (using cross-processes shared memory,
appropriate Win32 APIs, etc.).

In the long run yes, or maybe. Right now the last release is totally
unusable. For various reasons, some fixable and other will be hardly
fixable without changes in the engine

It would be nice if it is possible to have an alternative at least for a
year or two. Also windows as a whole is not a priority for Zend, for quite
some time. So ideally we should take care of this to ensure outstanding or
at least sync performance and stability.

Cheers,