From: Pierre Joye [mailto:pierre.php@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2013 2:02 AM
To: Eric Stenson
Cc: php-windows; Tomasz Krawczyk
Subject: RE: Re: WinCache 1.3.5 release on SourceForge

On Aug 22, 2013 8:07 PM, "Eric Stenson" <ericsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
supported (by Zend) and will track all opcode/Zend compiler changes for future releases.  We believe the owners of Opcache will provide the highest level of opcode caching performance, due to their proximity to the Zend core developers (<grin>).  Further, we're trusting them to provide a highly performant opcode cache on Windows (using cross-processes shared memory, appropriate Win32 APIs, etc.).

In the long run yes, or maybe. Right now the last release is totally unusable. For various reasons, some fixable and other will be hardly fixable without changes in the engine

It would be nice if it is possible to have an alternative at least for a year or two. Also windows as a whole is not a priority for Zend, for quite some time. So ideally we should take care of this to ensure outstanding or at least sync performance and stability.

Cheers,

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential or otherwise privileged information and is intended only for the individual(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secured or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message or that arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version from the sender.

www.pridedallas.com