Re: PHP 64-bit binaries?

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mixing 32bit and 64bit just seems totally wrong to me ...

There is nothing wrong here but a totally normal configuration.

If one takes care of performances, the database server(s) are separate
servers anyway. And they are totally unrelated to the clients
connecting to them.

> and I am not
> seeing any unexplainable problems with my current setup, which has been
> running since I first posted the 64bit links without even having to reboot
> windows. Something I still have to do on customer sites with the 32bit
> setups :(

I see literally dozen. Many libraries do even claim no support for
win64 as it is totally untested and could suffer from many unknown
issues (including security ones). We have discussed that in the past
already and I would really appreciate that you stop to say that there
is no issue as it is totally misleading.

Cheers,
--
Pierre