Re: Using .Net assemblies with PHP

On 18 May 2011 17:39, Trevor <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5/18/2011 9:42 AM, Trevor wrote:
>
>>> Btw, which encryption algorithms were you looking for? Using the
>>> native PHP versions would be even faster and easier :)
>>
>> True. Unfortunately, the native ones don't meet my needs. I needed
>> something that was compatible with existing encrypted data that we use
>> with a Windows desktop application, so I ended up encapsulating the same
>> encryption code from the Windows app in the assembly.
>
> The nice thing about this little adventure is that I now know how to
> encapsulate any of the business logic from our desktop application
> (PowerBuilder makes it very easy) to use on our website with just a few
> lines of PHP code. :)
>
> - Trevor

Interesting. As I said earlier, I use PHP+COM to talk to Crystal
Reports. One of the issues I have is that the COM interface is no
longer part of the current version of Crystal. The last one was CR XI
Release 2. Newer versions are only supporting .NET and Java.

If UniversalCCW can provide me with access to the latest .NET
libraries, then that seems like a really useful addition.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend