Re: PHP_YAZ

On 21 March 2011 13:09, Pierre Joye <pierre.php@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:05 PM, Cindy Harper <charper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And another question I've never been clear on - if I have already downloaded
>> the compiled php 5.3.x, and the compiled php_yaz, is it necessary to compile
>> a new PHP with yaz enabled if I want to enable yaz? Or could I just have put
>> the php_yaz in my extensions dir, put the dependecies in my path, and the
>> extension line in my php.ini? I'm assuming that PHP has to be compiled with
>> support for each PECL module that will be used, and the usual .exe distros
>> don't include yaz support. Is that right?
>
> Just put the freshly built php_yaz.dll in your extension dir. It
> should be compatible with all 5.3 series.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Pierre
>
> @pierrejoye | http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org

If you are going to use yaz for nearly every script and there is any
sort of measurable delay in having to load the extension, then
compiling it statically (rather than shared) may be an option. Though,
with FastCGI, I think these sort of things are extremely difficult to
determine.

I'd stick with Pierre's advice - compile and then enable php_yaz.dll
via your php.ini file.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend