Re: PHP_YAZ

On 11 March 2011 19:12, Cindy Harper <charper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> AFAIK, There are 2 pieces of code - the YAZ module itself, found at
> http://www.indexdata.com/yaz, and PHP_YAZ, the interface between YAZ and PHP
> at http://pecl.php.net/package/yaz.Â; So from your message, I take it the
> php_yaz you used came from pecl/yaz/trunk - is this the same as the 2nd link
> above?
>
> I don't know much about compiling PECL modules, and after I've compiled,
> when I test, I get a Fatal error: Call to undefined function yaz_connect()
> in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aftergoogle2\aftergoogle.php on line 28
>
> But maybe that's because I'm using IIS.
>
> Cindy Harper, Systems Librarian
> Colgate University Libraries
> charper@xxxxxxxxxxx
> 315-228-7363
>

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 4:43 AM, Richard Quadling <rquadling@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 9 March 2011 14:49, Cindy Harper <charper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Is anyone successfully using php_yaz with either
>> > 1) WAMP - I have a test Windows server that I manage
>> > or
>> > 2) a Linux shared hosted LAMP where they won't load the YAZ PECL module
>> > for
>> > you, but they will allow you to put your lib files in your home
>> > directory
>> > via SSH.
>> >
>> > I'm running into brick walls every way I turn.
>> >
>> > Cindy Harper, Systems Librarian
>> > Colgate University Libraries
>> > charper@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> > 315-228-7363
>> >

>> I've just built Yaz using the V4.1.2 of the library and the
>> pecl/yaz/trunk code on Windows (VC9, x86, nts).
>>
>> 2 of the 5 tests fail.
>>
>> ccl1.diff is ...
>>
>> 001+ the art: RPN="the art"
>> 001- the art: RPN=the\ art
>> 003+ ti=the art: RPN=@attr 1=4 "the art"
>> 003- ti=the art: RPN=@attr 1=4 the\ art
>>
>> and connect2.diff is ...
>>
>> 001+ connect failed errno=10007
>> 001- connect failed errno=10000
>>

>> I've no idea on actual usage of Yaz, but I'm willing to help if I can.
>>
>> Richard.
>>
>> --
>> Richard Quadling
>> Twitter : EE : Zend
>> @RQuadling : e-e.com/M_248814.html : bit.ly/9O8vFY

I've pulled the trunk rather than a specific release, simply because I
play with pecl trunk, but I've compiled the extension and ran the
tests (as I've mentioned).

To be getting the error you are getting, I can think of 3 things you
are missing ...

1 - You've not told PHP to load the php_yaz.dll extension. Check you
php.ini file for extension=php_yaz.dll
2 - You've not put the compiled php_yaz.dll extension into your
extension folder. For me this is C:\PHP5\ext - check your php.ini file
for extension_dir.
3 - You are missing the necessary yaz libraries required by the
extension. These need to be either in the path.

If you load PHP from the command line by using ...

php -m

what do you get?

Try ...

php -ddisplay_startup_errors=1 -m