Re: php and silverlight

hi,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Harpreet <harpreet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am creating a c# silverlight application using VS2008 using a datagrid
> to display data and now I am using linq to sql to get data into the
> grid.
>
> This should work with my php app once packaged into an XAP file and
> embedded into my php page.
>
> That's the only way I know...yes or no.
>
> If no then I need to know the simplest way to do it as I am too new to
> this and I have so many choices. And I am looking at a more dynamic site
> and a cleaner look.
>
> Sorry to keep posting but I have not gotten a clear answer. Thanks

Silverlight is on the client side, a browser or a desktop application.
PHP, ASP.net or whatever else you use is on the server. Silverlight
calls an URL to fetch some data, this data can be XML, JSON or plain
text, it will then process it to display it.

I would suggest to read some silverlight tutorials to have some basic
ideas about how it works and then ask PHP specific questions. If it
happens that you will use PHP for the server side.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org