Re: RE: php and silverlight

Hi Harpreet,

Harpreet wrote:
> I am creating a c# silverlight application using VS2008 using a datagrid
> to display data and now I am using linq to sql to get data into the
> grid.
> This should work with my php app once packaged into an XAP file and
> embedded into my php page.
>
> That's the only way I know...yes or no.
Once again:

Silverlight can be embedded to *any* kind of web page, it does not have to be embedded into a PHP file. To give you an overview of the process, here are the steps being processed when the silverlight app is called:
1.) the client access the web page with the XAP file embedded
2.) the client's browser checks if there is a file association for xap files, resulting in Silverlight being called if it is installed
3.) the silverlight component loads the embedded XAP file
4.) the init routine of your silverlight project is called
5.) your silverlight project is now running on the client, in the webbrowser security context

If your silverlight accesses data from a remote database server, the data access is not being handled by the server which served your XAP file but the connection is directly been made by the user's client PC.

Hope some question marks are gone now :-)

Regards, Sascha
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02