Re: dbase extension for PHP 5.3.0

I just built php (with the great instructions at http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild) and my only missing extension is dbase...but the PECL instructions for compiling point back to the same PHP compiling instructions...so my question is how to compile the PECL dbase extension on Windows. I will ask on the PECL mailing list.

With the help of Pierre in the #php-dev-win IRC channel (on freenode.net), I used the 'Quick n dirty' steps listed here http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/stepbystepbuild and then here were the rest of my steps:

**********
Adding PECL extensions (using 'dbase' as an example):

  - cd C:\php-sdk\php53dev\vc9\x86
  - get the dbase extension code through Subversion
  - svn co http://svn.php.net/repository/pecl/dbase/trunk pecl/dbase
  - cd php5.3-xyz
  - buildconf
  - executing 'configure --help' should now contain a dbase option
  - configure --enable-cli --enable-dbase
  - nmake
  - test the binary with a 'php -m' command, to make sure dbase exists

Hopefully this helps someone else in the future!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
FOSS4G Consulting and Training Services