Re: Re: Excel OLE Automation : accessing the Excel constants

2009/5/27 Geoff Lane <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 5:55:51 AM, Samuel wrote:
>
>> ExcelSheet.Range("C65536").End(xlUp)
>
>> This fails because the constant xlUp is undefined...
>
>> There is some user contributed notes about that problem in the
>> documentation (http://jp2.php.net/manual/en/book.com.php) but it doesn't
>> say if it's possible to really access the Excel constants.
> ---
>
> You need to define the constants for yourself. Since I don't use PHP
> with Excel I haven't done this and so cannot give you a ready-made
> file to require(). However, Microsoft give a full list of the
> constants at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa221100.aspx -
> so you can look up the ones you need and add them to your own library
> as you go along.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Geoff
>

> --

This is 3 lines from my PHP script dealing with talking to Crystal Reports.

<?php
// Create an Crystal Object Factory.
$o_CrObjectFactory = New COM('CrystalReports11.ObjectFactory.1');

// Create the Crystal Reports Runtime Application.
$o_CrApplication =
$o_CrObjectFactory->CreateObject("CrystalRunTime.Application.11");

// Register the typelibrary.
com_load_typelib('CrystalDesignRunTime.Application');

// Show the value for the PDF Export file type.
echo crEFTPortableDocFormat; // Outputs 31

So, whatever library you load, you have to use com_load_typelib()
(http://docs.php.net/com_load_typelib) on it.

I believe that this is supposed to happen automatically if
com.autoregister_typelib is set, but as the documentation mentions,
the auto-registration is library dependent.

Regards,

Richard.

--
-----