Re: PHP 4.4.9, Windows: php_openssl.dll is loaded, but https wrapper not found.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM,  <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've had similar issues with self-signed certificates and PHP 5.x. The way I
> got around it was to install the cURL libraries and use code like this:
>
> $channel = curl_init();
> curl_setopt($channel, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);
> curl_setopt($channel, CURLOPT_URL, $yourHttpsUrlHere);
> curl_setopt($channel, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 30);
> curl_setopt($channel, CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE, 500000);
> curl_setopt($channel, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true);
> curl_setopt($channel, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
> $content = curl_exec($channel);
> curl_close($channel);
>
> Not ideal, but it finally worked for me.

I did get it working using PHP 4 + curl, thanks to your suggestion,
but in the end I ended up switching to PHP 5. After doing that;
correctly with file_get_content() -- it will always be a mystery to me
why PHP 4 gave so much trouble; it *is* documented to support https
requests.

Thanks again!
Jason