John Mertic
Jmertic@xxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 11, 2009, at 8:02 PM, "Louis Solomon [SteelBytes]" <louis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

forget the ISAPI, use FastCGI. In my experience the ISAPI has never been stable or working fully.

mmm, not sure FastCGI is available for IIS for XP, so since it's probably only a dev machine go to just php as cgi. that works fine on all OSes

Louis

From: "Herb Munson" <herbmunson@xxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 11:52 AM
To: <php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Access Violation

I've installed PHP 5.2.6 ISAPI on Windows XP with IIS 5.1.

It works - sort of. I get frequent 500 errors (IE) or "Access Violation" errors (firefox). Often, I cannot open phpinfo.php even once after starting the browser. Once I get the error, I can (very rarely) fix the problem by running synciwam. Sometimes shutting down the browser and restarting it works. More often, I can shut it down and restart several times to no
avail.  Sometimes I give up and reboot (and it still might not work).
Sometimes (but very rarely) things will work fine for hours.

Basically, I see no pattern. I've seen references to bugs in php that might cause this, but not for 5.2.6. Since success is so intermittent, I can't
really be sure if running synciwam is responsible for anything.

Does anyone have any idea how many poor souls are trying to run this
combination (5.2.6 + ISAPI + IIS 5.1)? (I got no responses to an earlier
plea; maybe no one is running this combination.)

Are there any clues in the hex address of the error? Is there a way to determine whether this is a PHP problem, or an MS problem - or my setup problem? I'm tending to think it is PHP, since I don't see how the usual source of errors (file security) would be exercised differently when opening
the same site (phpinfo).

This is driving me nuts, and it's a very short trip. Does anyone have a suggestion (other than chuck XP - I'm kinda stuck with that on my desk)?

Thanks in advance.

herb