Re: odbc_connect unknown error

You can if the user that runs the web server process has access to
that file then yes. Or you could set an ODBC bridge, but to be honest
it's much faster and easier ( depending upon the application's
requirements of course ) to export it to a SQLite or MySQL DB on the
webserver.

John

On 9/20/07, Alexander Fradiani <a_fradiani@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > 1) Does the user running the web process have access to the file using
> > the path provided?
> > 2) Did you set the DSN as a System DSN?
> > 3) Try using a DSN-less connection, namely:
> >
> > $dsn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + $fullpathtodb;
> > $con = odbc_connect($dsn,$user,$pass) or die(odbc_error());
> >
> > John
>
>  Ok, it worked fine using the extended connection string you wrote in the
> example.
>  I wonder if there is a way to connect to a remote database, what i'm doing
> now is upload the .mdb file to the server and use it as local, but it would
> be better connect to the remote system.

> Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
> Spaces. It's easy! Try it!

John Mertic                                        "Explaining a joke
is like dissecting a frog: you
jmertic@xxxxxxxxx                              understand it better,
but the frog dies in the
                                                          process."