Re: odbc_connect unknown error

I'd check the following in order...

1) Does the user running the web process have access to the file using
the path provided?
2) Did you set the DSN as a System DSN?
3) Try using a DSN-less connection, namely:

$dsn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" + $fullpathtodb;
$con = odbc_connect($dsn,$user,$pass) or die(odbc_error());

John

On 9/19/07, Alexander Fradiani <a_fradiani@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello!.
>
> I have a problem when trying to connect to an access database:
>
> $con = odbc_connect($dsn,$user,$pass) or die(odbc_error());
>
> the error message i get is just this:
> IM002
>
> the $dsn var only contains the name of a data source previously created from the windows control panel.
> i already tested the $dsn making a connection with visual basic code and it works fine.
> Also the user and pass are right. so i dont know what could be the problem.
>
> I am using PHP 5.2.4-win32. with apache 2.2.4.
>
> I really appreciate any help on this.
> Alexander
> Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy!
> http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us

John Mertic                                        "Explaining a joke
is like dissecting a frog: you
jmertic@xxxxxxxxx                              understand it better,
but the frog dies in the
                                                          process."