From: "Gustav Wiberg" <gustav@xxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:02:16
To:"John Mertic" <jmertic@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc:<php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  PHP Windows Installer maintainer finally joins the list

Hi there!

I tried this...

$ldapuser = "abcd@xxxxxx";
$ldappass = "abcd";

$ad = ldap_connect("ldap://HMNR",389)
      or die("Couldn't connect to AD!");
ldap_set_option($ad, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);
ldap_set_option($ad, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS, 0);
$bd = ldap_bind($ad,$ldapuser,$ldappass)
      or die("Couldn't bind to AD!");

And I get error:

Warning: ldap_bind() [function.ldap-bind]: Unable to bind to server: Invalid
credentials in C:\www\utveckling\ldap4.php on line 10
Couldn't bind to AD!

I tried this....
$ldapuser = "abcd@xxxxxx";
$ldappass = "abcd";

$ad = ldap_connect("ldap://whatever",389)
      or die("Couldn't connect to AD!");
ldap_set_option($ad, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);
ldap_set_option($ad, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS, 0);
$bd = ldap_bind($ad,$ldapuser,$ldappass)
      or die("Couldn't bind to AD!");

whatever is NOT a server, and not a computer in the network!

So this means that I find the server, but it seems something wrong with
username and password? (I know the account exists and is active).  Should I
type those in another way?

Warning: ldap_bind() [function.ldap-bind]: Unable to bind to server: Can't
contact LDAP server in C:\www\utveckling\ldap4.php on line 10
Couldn't bind to AD!

Invalid credentials seems to be something wrong with username and password?
(after some googling) I

When I don't use username and password I don't recieve any errors.

$ad = ldap_connect(ldap://hmnr,389)
      or die("Couldn't connect to AD!");
ldap_set_option($ad, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);
ldap_set_option($ad, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS, 0);
$bd = ldap_bind($ad)
      or die("Couldn't bind to AD!");

Why is that?

/Gustav