PHP Windows Installer maintainer finally joins the list

Hi everyone,

My name is John Mertic, and I created and maintain the PHP Windows
installer. I'd like to make myself available to the list as a both a
resource for people using the installer as well as working on PHP
under Windows in general.

In searching the archives, I see that there seems to be general
recommendation *against* using the installer. Why is this? Is there
something that the installer doesn't do correctly or lacks that makes
it unsuitable?

I'm open to any and all suggestions/comments.

John Mertic                                        "Explaining a joke
is like dissecting a frog: you
jmertic@xxxxxxxxx                              understand it better,
but the frog dies in the
                                                          process."