Re: PHP Windows Installer maintainer finally joins the list

Hi John

> In searching the archives, I see that there seems to be general
> recommendation *against* using the installer. Why is this? Is there
> something that the installer doesn't do correctly or lacks that makes
> it unsuitable?

My own recommendation is based on the manual, and no reflection of the
installer

"There are several all-in-one installers over the Internet, but none of
those are endorsed by PHP.net, as we believe that the manual
installation is the best choice to have your system secure and optimised."

My only pet hate is probably out of your control.  I would like PEAR to
respect my directory choices, instead of using C:\php5 for downloads, no
matter what I set.

--
Niel Archer