Re: LDAP and AD

Gustav Wiberg wrote:
Hi there!

Back to my main problem:

I want to achieve this:

I'm about to build an Intranet. The company has Windows Server 2003 and IIS 6 installed. They also have active directory.

I want to them to able to log in without entering username and password, This can be achieved by not allowing anonymous access. That's not problem.

The issue for me is:

How do I retrieve username of logged in user?
I want to create an explorer-like window with maps and files, but I want the logged in user to have the same restrictions/access for diffrent folder as they have in the real explorer.

Is there any way besides ldap I can achieve that? Is LDAP right or wrong way to go?

/Gustav

Perhaps you need to take a look at http://adldap.sourceforge.net/ - ready to use code and support for that code. They have information on how to use information from PHP to "autologin" the user - notice it's only fully supported with IE transparently, other browsers you'll still get a popup to enter a username and password.

The error you're getting means your user / password combination is wrong (invalid credentials)