Re: PECL extension Install Questions . - Re: [PHP-WIN] Fatle Error: FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL

Mark Abrams wrote:
Thank you Neil,
MSVCR80.DLL is on my PC in C:\windows\system32

my path points to the file ????

Also. I also read the doc on PECL and am lost as to how I would install this under the ApacheTraid system that I use for development.

You're on windows - precompiled is the way to go.

Get extensions from http://pecl4win.php.net or the pecl extensions zip on http://php.net/downloads (remember you'll need to match extensions to your php version) - pick the extensions you want, they're named in php_extensionname.dll format, drop them into your php extensions directory (I have no clue where apachetriad puts them - search is your friend) and enable them in your php.ini file (extension=php_filter.dll or whatever the heck you want to use) - then restart apache

Windows dll search paths can be...interesting. Try putting a copy of MSVCR80.DLL in the same directory as your php sapi (should be something like php5apache2.dll or similiar) or if that doesn't work try in the same location as your apache binary.

for pear try go-pear.org and follow the instructions