Re: PECL extension Install Questions . - Re: [PHP-WIN] Fatle Error: FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL

Hi Mark

> The Windows PHP install does not work  on my XP Pro PC -
> Recieved errors "The procedure entry point_encode_pointer
> could not locate the dynamic link library MSVCR80.DLL

  I don't use the windows installer, so can't offer advice on it.
However, MSVCR80.DLL, is Microsoft's Visual C++ Runtime and I believe is
available somewhere on the MS web-site.

The short answer is Yes, you can add them to your installation.  PEAR
libraries are PHP scripts, so usable on all platforms.  PECL extensions
are available as windows DLLs

Both PEAR/PECL use the same method to download, which is part of the
standard PHP installation.  Look at the respective web-sites for
documentation on PEAR/PECL and their packages.

http://pear.php.net

http://pecl.php.net

Niel