Re: Test.php loads, but nothing in Browser

@Howard

> [...] my guess is that most people write their scripts
> using short tags. So the default setting should be set
> to short. Any reason to keep it set to off?? Security
> Reason??
I do not agree.
Older versions of the php engine (or older system configurations)
could be able to understand "long open tags" only. And no (not insane)
developer on planet earth wants his code to be not executed properly
or ignored as buggy...
As far as I know, there are no security reasons for keeping short tags
off, but, considering what I told you in previous lines, you should
avoid using this technique.

For more informations go to:
http://www.php.net/ini.core#ini.short-open-tag