Re: Test.php loads, but nothing in Browser

Thanks Massimo

Your suggestion helped. It was the Short Tag setting was turned off.

The only changed I made was to turn it on, and restart Apache. Voila and
there
is the PHP info page.

I can't remember seeing the any info in the directions about setting this
tag.
It seems to be omitted since it is optional, but my guess is that most
people
write their scripts using short tags. So the default setting should be set
to short. Any reason to keep it set to off?? Security Reason??

Howard

"mailbox 19860221" <mailbox19860221@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Howard" <howard1291@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wrote in Notepad the script <? phpinfo( ) ; ? >,
> and saved the page as test.php
Try
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

This should work correctly. You used the "short open tags" syntax,
often disabled in your php.ini configuration;

<?php
script_goes_here
?>

is the most correct, *common* and portable syntax.

Best regards
--
Massimo Lombardo