Re: Re: ASP to PHP

Hello

This doesn't make much sense, no. One minute it's a hidden form input on a
page which isn't  a form, then it's a session variable, then it's a cookie!

Your problem is that you have a variable which you need to pass from the ASP
to PHP page, isn't it? Ignoring what you are doing at the moment, there are
lots of options to do this.

The simplest way is to use a querystring variable, but this will get complex
if you need to pass it around various pages.

You can also use a cookie to do this, provided that both pages are in the
same domain. This is the best way to pass it around both domains without
rolling your own session manager.

You cannot use a session variable if you are using the built in session
management. in ASP and PHP.

Cheers

Mark

"cybermalandro cybermalandro" <cybermalandro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Sorry for the confusion. I am going from and asp page to a php form via a
link in the asp page. In order for the user to see the PHP page the variable
_VIEWSTATE has to be set as input hidden type. This variable is actually a
session variable. The thing is that this value should always be the same for
all the pages whether it is asp or php but when I call the value in PHP it
is not the same. Therefore, I can always see the page but if I go back and
forth again from asp to PHP I get an error the second time.

Here is what is happening I click on a ASP page with a link to the PHP form.
I see the PHP form with no problems. I submit the form and I see no problems
either. if I click on a link from PHP or try to just browse back to the asp
page I don't have a problem but If I try to go to the PHP form again from
the ASP page this is when I get the internal error and the reason is because
this _VIEWSTATE variable which is a session var is not the same for the
second time I go to the PHP form. This variable should always stay the same
if I got back and forth from PHP and ASP but I do not know how to maintain
its state when I do so. I call this variable in PHP by echoing the
$REQUEST["ESAuthCookie"] var therefore the second time I try to view this
PHP form I get the error because it requests a new one which does not match
the ASP one. Do I make any sense now? I apologize I am new at this.

Thanks again,