Re: Breadcrumb trial as sessions

Hello S.D.Price,

SDP> Hi can anyone help, I would like to develop a PHP breadcrumb
SDP> trail for navigation. The examples I have seen on the web look at
SDP> the location of the page the user is on, attempt to break up the
SDP> URL and use breadcrumb links to point the user to each folder
SDP> level.

I feel your pain! I'm in the same boat. A particular training website
I developed has pretty much all the files in the same folder
(view_course.php, register.php, index.php, etc...)

All the breadcrumbs I've tried just show:   Home | Current Page

Since they can navigate around to various pages that's no help. i.e.
from index.php they go to view course, then click to view location
info with maps. They should be able to go back to the view course but
they can't with current breadcrumbs because they never left the
folder.

I'd be willing to work with you on a session based version which I've
given some thought to previously in terms of making the session
variable an array where we can push / pop but also scan the array
looking to see if something matches the current page. If so, and this
is where it breaks down, either truncate the array at that point
(which means if they click back it probably isn't the "back" they
wanted), or to insert the page they just left before the page they're
currently on in the array. Neither is really great though.

--
Leif (TB lists moderator and fellow end user).

Using The Bat! 3.5 Return RC8 under Windows XP 5.1
Build 2600 Service Pack 2 on a Pentium 4 2GHz with 512MB

 <php-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>