Difference between Installer and ZIP?

Hi there,

Just went to php.net to download the installer/zip.

I notice that the zip is quite large 7 megs or so... but the installer is
only 2 megs..

The installer says CGI ONLY, i quite a newbie at this and I just wish to
install it on the server, what are the differences?

The installer says it automatically configures IIS for me but the ZIP
doesn't state that..

Can anybody give any guidance on which method I should go for ??

Thanks in advance

Ian