RE: Cookie's folder

It's probably not the cookies you're trying to fix.  The cookies are
stored on the client side and should be automatically set up by the
client's web browser.  There should never be a problem with a cookie
folder not existing and you needing to do something to fix it.
(although I'm sure someone really creative could screw up their
configuration to the point that this may be an issue.. 99.9999% of the
time this shouldn't be an issue).

What you may be thinking about is the sessions folder on the server.
Check the PHP.INI that your PHP is using (check phpinfo() for this
information if you need to.. Usually it's in your PHP folder or, on
Windows, in your C:\WINDOWS folder... If I remember right).

In the PHP.INI you'll find a line like this:

session.save_path = C:\PHP\sessiondata

Make sure that the folder mentioned there exists.  If it doesn't, you
won't be able to store session data.  Sessions use a cookie on the
client's side to keep track of the session ID automatically for you.  So
if the real question is that you're having issues with sessions and you
believe it's a cookie related issue, check your PHP.INI and make sure
that folder exists.

For the sake of completeness, cookies on a Windows system (for Internet
Explorer) are stored in:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Cookies

That's on NT (?), 2000 and XP.

In Windows 9x, I believe it was:

C:\Windows\Cookies

Or something like that.

Opera, Firefox, and other browsers store their cookie data in other
places.  Consult your browser help file for info.

-TG