CHMOD function issue.

Hello All,

I have made a admin area on my site where it allows the admin to change the pagelayout, I.E : font color, table color, font size, background color.
the Folder permission is set to 755 and the file permissions are set to 644. I used the CHMOD funtion to change the permission to 666 before making the changes ti file and then change it back to 644 after the change is done.
But it does not work the way I want it to, the permission remains the same.

Anywho with a solution???