RE: edge detection

I don't know that I could help you in any case, but some additional
information might be helpful.

Are you talking specifically about doing an edge detection type filter
for images like you'd find in Photoshop?

If you can clarify the question, someone might have some information for
you.

If you figure it out, I'd be curious to see how you did it.   You also
might do some Google searches for edge detection algorithms then all you
need in PHP would be to read the pixel data in to run the algorithm on.

Good luck!

-TG