Re: Mail functions?

Hello,

On 08/12/2004 04:37 PM, Anne Shroeder wrote:
Alas, I cannot use the mail() function on Windows.  Someone told me about
this: http://www.phpguru.org/static/mime.mail.html  but attempts to get it
to work have been futile.  Does anyone else have a good and straightforward
solution for sending mail from a web page (results from a form).  Nothing
fancy, just plain text email.

You may want to try this other class that comes with a wrapper function named smtp_mail() that works exactly like the mail() except that it sends messages via an SMTP server of your choice. You can enable this class debug functions that output the progress of your message delivery. This way, you will be able to see exactly what is your problem and fix it without further wild guessing.

Just look at the test_smtp_mail.php example script.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

You also need this:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

--