Re: IMAGES IN DB

> A comment on storing binary content in an RDBMS's:
>
> QUESTION: Is it possible to do a SELECT on an image that makes sence.
> ANSWER: no!

My answer is: Yes!
Have you never heard about the algorithm to compare and to sort (!) pictures not only using their meta data but also by analyzing the image data? Ask some people in some communication agencies. To find a picture just somehow like another is a standard job. I have seen a lot of demonstrations years ago. Well, they are ORDBMS's. Have a look at:

http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/blades/excaliburimage/

Sure, the most important arguement to put images into a database is to eneasy the handling of these thousands or even much more files...