newbie file script

hey guys - I'm sure this is old school problems but without any environment
variables can you tell me if I'm doing something wrong?? thanks.

I've been working on a listing that you can add titles to - so that I can
add a title and an auto link to the file with the new update. Basically, the
main text goes into one file, and then title and the link to that file
*should* go to listing.html - posted from the top down. Although, every time
I run through it - it overwrites the uppermost title with the new one. All
the older titles stay the same, just the first X chars of the file are
replaced with submitted X title chars. I'm using fopen with r+.

Is there anything about r+ that would not add text to the very beginning of
a file? Should I get the files contents, add to them, and then write back to
the file? Right now I'm just going fopen, fwrite, fclose. Hoping to add text
to the beginning of a file without replacing the current contents.

Script/more info avail if needed. Thanks!

Stephen Rivas Jr