RE: IMAGES IN DB

> Ahhh....  The age old question about storing
> images in the database ;)

I take no stand point for either side, but from a
puristic relational stand point, binary contents
has nothing, what so ever, to in the RDBMS.

This is, of course, only a thumb rule, then of course we
can find good execptions from this. But I think one should
not automatically put everything into the RDBMS, just because
of the sake of things.

> The obvious caveats are: a hit in performance
> and a very large database.

Unless the RDBMS has inplimented file pointers instead of
actually storing a chunk of binary lumps in your RDBMS.