Re: weird random parse errors on PHP 4.1.x / Win2k

"Francesco Marsan" <Francesco.Marsan@bmg.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
BFF700842284D6118A750002A542AE1801B63308@ITBAGE02.bertelsmann.de">news:BFF700842284D6118A750002A542AE1801B63308@ITBAGE02.bertelsmann.de...
> Hi Geoff, I've seen your message on the PHP/Windows list, and I'm writing
> because I get the **exact** same problem on my box:
>
> HP Proliant dual Xeon 2,8Mhz - 1GB RAM
> PHP 4.2.2
> Apache 1.3.22
>
> On myne it happens even if just one user is accessing the pages. On
another
> server -- it is a little bit older dual Pentium 1.1GHZ -- but with exactly
> the same software, the problem does not appear.
>
> Have you any clue to give me? Did you solve your problem?
>
> Thanks
> Francesco

I have a very similar box (dual xeon 2.8 / 2gb) - I am facing major speed
problems there.
I've used some simple benchmark scripts from
http://www.sebastian-bergmann.de/PHP_Benchmark and
all tests run fine with the exception of test no. 05 (Array Index Access)
which gives terrible results.

I used different versions of PHP (all with the same php.ini) and found, that
this "bug" was introduced in v4.1.0.
But installing 4.0.6 or going to uniprocessor is not an option...

Has anyone encountered such a behaviour on a similar box ?

Thanks
Jochen