RE: Re: GD2 function issue

--- "Svensson, B.A.T. (HKG)" <B.A.T.Svensson@lumc.nl>
wrote:
> Choinet wrote: "When you reply to all, please only
> use
> the mailing list address, as I received four emails
> from
> your two replies."
>
> That's the way it works for all of use. Or do you
> want
> to claim this to be a bug to? ;) :)

Actually, all you have to do is reply to all and then
remove the other addresses until only the
php-windows@lists.php.net address is remaining. That
way, everyone gets one email of it. Looks like you did
it right this time, so I'm not complaining :)

> Anyhow, on to your explanation. What you now say is
> that you would like to change the spcification of
> the
> beahviour of the code, and that is NOT the same
> thing
> as having found a bug!

We are already past that issue. Note that I refer to
it as a problem now.

> Hypoteticaly: if they changes the soure code
> according to
> your specification, it might work for you, but then
> php
> code will fail for others developper who is
> dependent on
> the present specification. Nice for you, but not so
> nice
> for other developers.

Well, a change like this would help more than it
hurts, considering there is an extremely large PHP
user base. Anyway, I also stated to let there be
alternatively be additional logic that checks to see
if the untokenized font path works, if a different
listseparator character cannot satisfy the current
conditions.

> php is open source, so if you really really need
> this
> change, the download the souce code and make the
> changes
> that suits you.
>
>     //Anders

It just so happens that documentation on compilation
of the php_gd2.dll for Windows is severely lacking
(which partially explains why my compiled dll doesn't
quite work) but theoretically, yes, I should be able
to customize the source code to my own liking.
However, this problem affects way too many people who
would use these functions for it simply to be
customized for myself.

Case in point is, I am still finding a way to resolve
this issue. Remember that if it is resolved, functions
using the code would be far more portable.