Re: Re: Cannot find ODBC32.dll

You can extract the file ODBC32.dll from the cabs on your win98 cdrom (the
cab files are like zip files, ie 'cabinets' that hold other compressed
files).

>From command.com change directories into <cdromdrive>\win98
dir win98*.cab | more

Note the first win98_??.cab file. On my disk it is win98_21.cab.
Then type
extract /a win98_21.cab odbc32.dll /l c:\windows\system <enter>

Make sure to substitute win98_21.cab with the first number on your disk
(Win98 Gold, SE, OEM, and Retail disks are all numbered a little
differently).
This will put a copy of the file into c:\windows\system.

The latest version of this file is included with the MDAC update v2.8.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=828396 has more information.

It may be better to get the update, as the version on the win98 disk is
around 4 years old.

Josh