[PHP-WIN] Re: problems with mysql connections not closing

> Chris, not sure if this is related to my question aka mysql_pconnect
>
> are u using mysql_pconnect or plain mysql_connect to connect to the
> database? This is the behaviour I'm getting, but with
> apache1.3.27/php4.3.2/mysql4.013

that was my first question to the guy who originally developed the stuff,
but it seems we're using mysql_connect, and not pconnect, which is why it
seems very odd to me...

and again, i know that the combination should easily be able to handle those
kind of requests, but it's large to me :)

anyway, thanks for the advice, will check things out over the next few days
and see what else i can pick out.

is there any easy way to see where a connection is being left open and from
where? it's not ACTUALLY leaving a connection open, so running netstat won't
help. i'm just wondering, and trying to track this down as much as possible.