Re: Wine based "Windows desktop"

Hans Christian Studt wrote:

In case you really want an environment feeling just like the windows XP desktop, you could either make a special window manager that responds as much like that windows desktop as possible (that'd be loads of work) -- or just use one of the window managers for which there are themes to make desktop similar to the XP one (for instance, KDE comes pretty close I thought, when configured to use windows-like looks and behaviours) It's up to the user to choose to use that window manager and/or theme, ofcourse

Is that what are needed if I want a wine-desktop within the KDE/GNOME-desktop - like there is a QEMU-desktop or a rdesktop within he KDE/GNOME-desktop.

Don't know -- was just saying that's a solution to fine-tune every single detail -- but if just using a -sort-of-like-windows desktop is okay than you choose a KDE/whatever theme to decorate windows to look like XP

(I think KDE or GNOME can be configured to use a window manager other than the standard one -- but that'd boil down to the same as designing your own window manager)