SOLVED: Re: Runtime Error - abnormal program termination

Joachim von Thadden wrote:
There is no need for paying as they already own windows, don't they?
Just put an old win98 license in the closet and that's it. I have mine
unused for years now and one for the laptop (unused) and one for another
old PC (unused)... shouldn't  be a problem.

Well, they have Windows on every computer but the company is getting bigger now ...
I will discuss that with the company.

Nevertheless, I got it working - thanks a lot.

May be others can use that information somehow:

1. I started with a clean .wine and edited the config file:

I set "Windows" = "win98", "DOS" = "6.22" (as Joachim suggested) and <>inserted the following DllOverrides from frankscorner.org:
[DllOverrides]
"mshtml" = "native"
; For ie6
"*comctl32" = "builtin"
; For Outlook97
"mapi" = "native, builtin"
"mapi32" = "native, builtin"
; Native dlls needed for various parts of the install
"ole32" = "native, builtin"
"compobj" = "native, builtin"
"ole2" = "native, builtin"
"ole2nls" = "native, builtin"
"ole2conv" = "native, builtin"
"ole2prox" = "native, builtin"
"ole2thk" = "native, builtin"
"storage" = "native, builtin"
"olepro32" = "native, builtin"
"rpcrt4" = "native, builtin"
"oleaut32" = "native, builtin"
"msvcrt" = "native, builtin"
"wininet" = "native, builtin"
; for the ie runonce
"setupapi" = "native, builtin"
"devenum" = "native, builtin"
"quartz" = "native, builtin"
"urlmon" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native, builtin"
"jscript" = "native, builtin"
"wintrust" = "native, builtin"
"shlwapi" = "native, builtin"
"secur32" = "native, builtin"
"crypt32" = "native, builtin"
"ddraw" = "native, builtin"
; allow launching user.exe (for Remedy)
"*user.exe" = "native,builtin"
; default for all other dlls
"*" = "builtin, native"

2. Then I Installed DCOM98 with 'WINEDLLOVERRIDES="ole32=n" wine dcom98.exe' (see frankscorner.org) and ran 'wine wineboot'.

3. After that I installed "Immobilienverwaltung" and started it successfully.

But I'm still not satisfied.   ;-)
The fonts are very small and rather ugly.
I already set "Resolution" = "120" but it doesn't affect all fonts displayed ?!
I would like to use Windows-Fonts so that the users recognize their program. I read the Font-Config-HowTo on winehq.org ( http://winehq.org/docs/wine-user.html#CONFIG-FONTS-MAIN ) but it doesn't explain what I need.
Any ideas or suggestions how to improve the overall Look & Feel ?

Regards,
Marek