Wine compiles but dosen't run

Since version 20020509 I've had nothing but problems, so I decided to
reinstall the OS, format all partitions, and reinstall all drivers and
programs and updates in the hope that wine will then work correctly.
It's taken about 11 hours; I've now installed wine again, but for some
reason I had to do make install --ignore-errors; wine did not start
after wineinstall; I now get this message:
$wine pcripto.exe (This has always worked with wine)
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
And so on for about 50 lines, at the end I get this message:
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
Protocol error:0x8138a80: bad wait fd
And nothig else happens, is there a solution  to this?