VOLCANO: EGU 2015. Session "GMPV5.1 Magma mixing: a tool for the understanding of reservoirs dynamics and timescale of magmatic processes"

EGU 2015. Session "GMPV5.1 Magma mixing: a tool for the understanding of reservoirs dynamics and timescale of magmatic processes"
From: Mickael Laumonier <mickael.laumonier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Colleagues,

We are inviting you to submit a paper to to the upcoming EGU session GMPV5.1 MAGMA MIXING: a tool for the understanding of reservoirs dynamics and timescale of magmatic processes.
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2015/session/17945

Magma mixing features are widely observed in rocks from both plutonic and volcanic environments. They record the interaction between physically and chemically contrasted magmas, and thus several related magmatic processes.

In this session, we would like to gather contributions related to field observations, experimental and numerical studies on magma mixing and mingling, from crystal rim to reservoir scales. This session aims at improving our knowledge of the dynamics of reservoirs and timescale of magmatic processes through magma mixing addressing the following issues:
- natural occurrence of magma mixing
- development of mixing and mingling features
- hybrid formation
- distribution/quantification of the strain in reservoirs
- reservoir remobilisation
- timescale of pluton formation and formation of the continental crust
- cause/consequence relationship between magma mixing and volcanic eruption triggering
-…

The deadline for abstract submission is 7 January (http://www.egu2015.eu/deadlines_and_milestones.html)
Feel free to contact us if you have any question.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vienna,

Mickael LAUMONIER, Mattia PISTONE, Diego PERUGINI & Bernard BARBARIN