VOLCANO: Uranium-series Symposium, Sydney 12-14th Feb 2014

Uranium-series Symposium, Sydney 12-14th Feb 2014
From: Heather Handley <heather.handley@xxxxxxxxx>

Dear All,

We would like to invite you to join us in Sydney, 12-14th Feb 2014, for a U-series Symposium: The Frontiers of U-series Research.

Come and escape the Northern Hemisphere Winter!

We have three fantastic keynote speakers lined up:
François Chabaux (UdS)
Kari Cooper (UC Davis)
Ken Sims (UWyo)

Please see the website further details:
http://www.heatherhandley.com/H/Uranium-series_Symposium_2014/Home.html

Aims of the meeting: 1) to advance our understanding of the timescales of volcanic and sedimentary systems using U-series isotopes and, 2) to identify key scientific and analytical future research directions as a U-series community. Contributions on carbonate dating are also welcome.

There will be a maximum of 30 participants, with limited spaces remaining, so please make sure you register early.

The venue is the historic and unique, Quarantine Station in Manly, Sydney, with its own private beach.

Abstract and registration deadline has been extended to the 5th December 2013.

Best wishes and we hope that you can make it!

Heather Handley and Simon Turner
(Symposium Organisers)

--
Dr. Heather Handley