VOLCANO: Chapman conference on Hawaiian volcanism - abstract and travel grant deadline April 19

Chapman conference on Hawaiian volcanism - abstract and travel grant deadline April 19
From: Michael P Poland <mpoland@xxxxxxxx>

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder about the abstract and travel grant deadline for the upcoming Chapman conference "Hawaiian volcanoes, from source to surface."  The conference, to be held on the Island of Hawaii August 20-24, 2012, will discuss current understanding of Hawaiian volcanism and identify subjects that should be the focus of future research.  Investigations into all aspects of Hawaiian volcanoes are welcome, from mantle dynamics to effects of eruptions.  In addition, we encourage contributions that focus on similar volcanic systems (both on Earth and on other planets).

The abstract deadline is April 19.  Abstracts can be submitted via the conference Web site: http://www.agu.org/meetings/chapman/2012/dcall/program/abstract_submissions.php

We anticipate offering some travel and registration support for early career scientists.  Those in need of funding should submit an application via http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/P2SFZQV (the application can also be reached from the conference home page).  The deadline for travel support applications is also April 19.

Please contact one of the conveners if you have questions.  We hope to see you in Hawaii this August!

Aloha,

Mike Poland (mpoland@xxxxxxxx)
Paul Okubo (pokubo@xxxxxxxx)
Ken Hon (konhon@xxxxxxxxxx)

Program committee: Valerie Cayol, Rebecca Carey, Scott Rowland, Helge Gonnermann, Simon Carn