VOLCANO: New Volcano Listserv moderator

New Volcano Listserv moderator
From: "Fink J." <jon.fink@xxxxxxx>

On behalf of the hundreds of subscribers to Volcano Listserv, I want to thank Kirsten for the excellent service she has provided over the past two years and welcome Jean-Francois as the next moderator for this volcanological resource. It has been more than a quarter century since we first set up Volcano Listserv, whose original goal was to provide volcano scientists with an incentive to try out the new-fangled technology of electronic mail (how many of you still remember BITNET?) Over this period, Volcano-L has been managed by a relatively small number of tireless moderators and editors, including Lisa Koenig, Kim Genareau, and Kirsten. These individuals make sure that your messages get posted promptly, while also screening out most spam and the more inappropriate rants. Thanks to all of you for continuing to post messages and information that help knit the volcanological community together.

Jon

Jonathan Fink

Vice President for Research and Strategic Partnerships

Professor of Geology

Portland State University

Box 751 - ORSP

Portland, OR 97201-0751