VOLCANO: Medical Geology Education

Medical Geology Education
From: "Claire J. Horwell" <claire.horwell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All,

I am currently the Chair of IMGA's* Education Committee and am charged with carrying out a survey of opportunities for medical geology education.

We are developing and maintaining a list of academics and organizations seeking students for medical geology programs, to work on medical geology research projects, and as candidates for job opportunities. If you have, or anticipate having, an opportunity for students to advance their education and/or training we are asking you to fill out the form below and provide any other relevant details about the opportunity. This information will be compiled into a master database that will be available on the IMGA, SEGH, and GSA Geology and Health Division websites. The term 'medical geology' is broad and encompasses fields such as Environmental Health or Geochemistry and Health.

I would appreciate it greatly if you could help disseminate this request by passing it on to colleagues at your institution and others and through any other listservs that you may be a member of.

Please could you return any information to me by the end of August 2011.

Best wishes,

Claire Horwell
*International Medical Geology Association

IMGA Education Form

1.       Name

2.       Position

3.       University

4.       Department

5.       Country

6.       Email

7.       Your field of research

8.       Undergraduate course on offer - please include those with even just a single module relevant to medical geology and name module

9.       Postgraduate course on offer - Masters, Diploma or equivalent

10.   PhD on offer

11.   Job on offer

12.   Information on duration of offer

13.   Other information of interest