VOLCANO: Student looking for field position

Student looking for field position
From: Nathan Stevens nts5045@xxxxxxx

I am searching for a paid or expenses-paid position from mid-May lasting to late June that will
allow further exposure to either field or laboratory based research in the field of volcanology. I have a keen interest in experiencing both field and lab work but I do not have a specific area of interest. I have had prior experience in the principle practices of lab and field work.

My lab experience comes from a chemical analysis project on a Pennsylvania acid mine drainage treatment site as part of an honors component of a geochemistry course in addition to the computer- based research I currently perform for members of Penn State Ice and Climate Research group concerning Antarctic ice cores. My prior field experience includes a summer position working for the USGS South Eastern PA Surface Water Division as an aid to field technicians in addition to numerous school related field exercises. I currently hold junior and honors scholar status at Penn State and my current and completed geology courses include, but are not limited to: volcanology, chemical processes, earth materials (petrology & mineralogy), and earth history.

I am a highly motivated student with a passion for geology, love knowledge and the outdoors,
and an eagerness to travel.

Nathan T. Stevens
nts5045@xxxxxxx
Formal Resume and References Available Upon Request