[VLAN] MTU problem with kernel 2.4.29 and tulip driver

Pascal DeMilly wrote:
> Thanks Ben,
>
> Would the tulip driver patch for 2.4.19 found on your website work with
> 2.4.29? The only reject I got is from interrupt.c. It looks like the reject
> is due to a misalignement on the first line of that patch.

Would take manual hacking probably.  It's possible someone has already
done this...I lost a lot of list history when changing to a new server
a while back, so the archives are not available, unfortunately.

> Also do you know of any way to test MTU problems. Should I just use ping with
> a large payload?

Yes, that works.

> Do you know of any way to force a Windows client to adjust its MTU
> automatically (apart from tweaking the registry), for example an option in
> DHCP?

Nope..I know little of Windows hacks.

Ben

--