[VLAN] MTU problem with kernel 2.4.29 and tulip driver

William,

Thanks for answering.

The problem that our VLAN users are experimenting is that when downloading or
uploading large file, the connection will drop. Some users have difficulties
login on their hotmail account.

In the same building, we have another VLAN switch connected to an Intel board
and the same machines connected to this switch, will not experience that
problem.

So my feeling is that it is either a problem with the card or with the tulip
driver. I am currently trying to drop the MTU on some of those machines and
they seem to work better.

Since I am using the latest kernel 2.4.29, I am wondering if the tulip driver
included is patched. Hopefully it is not an hardware problem, but I used 2
different cards, one a simple linksys and the current quad port card
AEI-P430TX with the same behavior.

Pascal