Re: Raspberry Pi, Streamdev + rpihddevice

> I am still struggling howto get accelerated video playback going. Now the A20 uses 70% CPU to playback a SD stream. I will look into using the android driver with a linux wrapper around it. It should be doable, somebody on this list reported success (but I didn't ask him for a howto)
>
> The board can be clocked from 90MHz .. 1GHz. I have yet to measure the power consumption, but the chip gets quite hot (about 80 degrees) when running at 1GHz continuously without heat sink.

How stable is it overclocked that high? Also, how long have you been
doing that? I don't know what the thermal tolerance is for the A20 but
doesn't low power design not play nice with high temps? I would think
without adding at least some cooling, overclocking that much will send
it to see the grim reaper much much sooner...?