Re: LNB sharing interrupts recordings with Twinhan DVBS

Am 05.05.2012 16:31, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> On 05.05.2012 09:22, Midas wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> i have two satellite devices in an lnb-sharing setup. As said in the
>> topic since update to vdr 1.7.27 recordings do not put data on the disk
>> anymore and AV liveview with the vdr-sxfe frontend freezes if bonding
>> sets the Twinhan Card to master.
>>
>> The setup is Technisat Skystar HD and KWorld DVBS Satellite Card (clone
>> of Twinhan VP1020), so it is DVBS2 and DVBS mixed. VDR is 1.7.27.
>>
>> I have been using vdr 1.7.21 before with lnb-sharing applied. In the old
>> setup there was a similar problem in that switching to vertical didn't
>> work reliably or at all respectively. I managed to overcome this
>> behaviour by patching the Twinhan driver to eliminate _any_ voltage
>> output on the card. Once i found a working patch vdr has been running
>> for months without any problems anymore.
>>
>> Note that the 'new' issue occurs with the vanilla Twinhan driver and my
>> patched version as well.
>>
>> Is it maybe possible to force the use of one card as Master bonding
>> device or does anyone have other ideas to overcome the problems?
>
> If the master of a set of bonded devices doesn't get a signal, VDR
> should automatically switch the master to the next of the bonded devices.
> See cDvbTuner::Action(), case tsTuned:
>
>   if (bondedTuner && bondedMaster)
>      bondedMasterFailed = true; // give an other tuner a chance in
> case the sat cable was disconnected
>
> Of course, making sure the devices work properly in the first place
> might be a good idea ;-)

Do i get the term Master wrong? Master in my assumption should be the
device where the liveview signal comes from unless there is a recording
in which case the device tuned to the recording transponder should be
Master. In the first case the slave cannot steal the tuning parameters
to prevent breaking liveview whereas in the second the liveview slave
cannot interefere with the ongoing recording.

Concerning my issue the ongoing search for transponders on the
non-liveview device seems to break with the liveview device which should
not happen. Yet in case of recordings i am bit unsure what interferes
with what. I am also still unsure if it is a driver or lnb sharing issue
though the v/h issue in my former setup points to the first case at
least for a certain kind.

Do i conclude right, setting the bondedMasterFailed to false in the
switch construct would be a dirty hack to workaround my bogus setup?

Thank you Klaus for vdr and for your answer.

Michael